We believe you, We Support you, We Stand with you.
Help other’s through their healing journey by standing with them: No one deserves the concern for not being believed, fear of being blamed and fear of the attackers getting back at him/her. That’s why #HSH movement brings together people and organizations from all over to strengthen the building blocks for a good quality of life. By supporting our efforts you give hope, courage, and knowledge to others. Through support groups, teaching tools and free mental health services you give other’s the opportunity to become successful in their healing process.
Why your Support matters..
- Most sexual assaults and rapes are committed by someone the victim knows. Among victims aged 18 to 29, two-thirds had a prior relationship with the offender.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 9 men experience severe intimate partner physical violence.
- One in 9 girls and 1 in 53 boys under the age of 18 experience sexual abuse or assault at the hands of an adult.
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States.
- Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner.
- 19% of domestic violence involves a weapon.
- Men can be, and are, sexually assaulted. Sexual assault of men is thought to be greatly under reported. Any man can be sexually assaulted regardless of size, strength, sexual orientation, or appearance.
- 1 in 15 children are exposed to intimate partner violence each year, and 90% of these children are witnesses to this violence.
The effects of child sexual abuse can be long-lasting and affect the victim’s mental health. Victims are more likely than non-victims to experience the following mental health challenges:
- About 4 times more likely to develop symptoms of drug, alcohol and or food abuse
- About 4 times more likely to experience PTSD as adults
- About 3 times more likely to experience a major depressive episode as adults
Every person deserves a chance at success: we fight together, we win together .
To live better, We must SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER together.
The catheirnewyatt-morley.com website is supported by Women On Maintaining Education and Nutrition which is a tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).